Friday, December 16, 2011

Twice Into Massive Traffic Jams.

After my passenger alighted at Waterloo Street at 9.00pm last night, I proceeded along Stamford Road keeping to my left whilst following behind a bus. And not very far from the National Museum, traffic in front of me was hardly moving forward. I tried desperately to filter out of my lane but could not as all other vehicles on my right were at a standstill. For a moment, I thought a very serious accident must have occurred ahead of me to cause such a jam. Slow and steadily, I inched forward, little by little and half an hour later, I could tell I was near the junction of Stamford Road and Fort Canning Road, but there were no signs to indicate that there had been any serious accidents at all. I finally managed to squeeze out through an opening on my right and lucky for me there was a gap at the junction ahead which allowed me to turn left into Fort Canning Road. Being inquisitive, I turned my vehicle to the right and drove straight into the YMCA covered carpark. Parked at a parking lot, I then took a lift to the coffee house on the 3rd level, ordered a cup of coffee and sat by the window overlooking Stamford Road to find that the whole area was clogged up with stationary buses and other vehicles. I asked the Chef who was standing near me if he knew what was going on and he told me that the MRT trains had broken down at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station.
It was already 10.15pm when I decided to leave after having my coffee and finished eating an apple pie. I exited through Fort Canning Road and made my way towards Clarke Quay to find a very, very long passenger queue at the Liang Court taxi stand. A young Malay lady boarded my taxi and asked to go to Hougang Street 51, saying she had been waiting for a taxi for the past 30 minutes already. I told her about the heavy traffic jams nearby as I drove towards the CTE heading for Hougang.
As soon as I drove into the CTE, I found myself engulfed again in a massive traffic jam. all the way from near Cuppage Plaza up to Ang Mo Kio Avenue One which eventually took me exactly one hour to reach Hougang Street 51.
Throughout the whole journey, my lady passenger sat quietly, calmly playing some computer game on her mobile phone and was not at all perturbed by the crawling traffic all around us. I was very relieved when we finally reached her destination. My legs ached and I was truly "shagged". 

No comments:

Post a Comment